Homemade Parking Garage
I came across this photo yesterday and thought I would share it with you all. This is my son and the parking garage we made out of toilet paper tubes and cardboard. This photo is from over 2 years ago, but the idea is still good! We were inspired by the PlanToys parking garage which is pretty pricey and pretty cool. So, we took the idea home and set to work. My son loved his parking garage and played with it for a long time until grandma and grandpa got him the “real thing….”
- toilet paper and/or paper towel tubes
- a cardboard box
- hot glue gun or other strong glue
- cars and trucks of course
To Make the Garage:
Note: The configuration of the parking garage is really up to you. It can have as many levels and ramps as you like. The directions below are for the garage pictured above.
- Cut a piece of cardboard to make the base, level 1 and level 2
- Decide where you want to place the tubes
- Using your hot glue gun, glue the tubes onto the base
- Again using your glue gun, put glue on the top of the tubes and attach level 1. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add level 2 (or more!)
- Cut ramps to fit from one level to the next. Make sure they are wide enough to accomodate two lanes of “traffic.”
- Using your hot glue gun, attach the ramps between the base and level 1 and again for the ramp between level 1 and 2.
- Use a marker to add the lines on the road and parking spaces on each level. One way arrows for the ramps are a must!
- Allow to dry and enjoy!
© 2012 Boy Mama Teacher Mama
All Rights Reserved