Alphabet Hop Game
I wanted to create a game that I could use with my son to practice letter recognition AND letter sounds. I made this simple game and it was a hit!
- game board pages
- color printer
- one brad
- one small paperclip
How to Make the Game:
- Print out the game. There will be 4 pages (see below).
- Glue the pages together vertically (as shown above).
How to Make the Spinner:
- Take a paperclip and punch a small hole in the center of the spinner.
- Open a small paperclip so it is shaped like an “s.” (see below)
- Place the open paperclip over the hole you made and place the brad over the clip.
- Insert the brad into the hole and open it in the back of the game board.
- Tape the brad on the back to keep it in place.
- You now have a spinner!
How to Play:
- Have each player choose a playing piece (Use something from around the house. We used small plastic animals.)
- Player one spins the spinner and advances that many spaces.
- When the player lands on a letter, he names the letter and/or the letter sound (depending on skill level).
- The rest of the players repeat the same steps.
- First one to “z” is the “winner” OR once a player reaches the end, continue playing from z to a!
Alphabet Hop can now be downloaded for purchase at Teachers Pay Teachers.
Click the link below to see more details or to purchase.
If this is your first time visiting Boy Mama Teacher Mama, welcome! Did you know that you can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and G+? Stop by to see what is happening!
© Boy Mama Teacher Mama 2012
All Rights Reserved
Pingback: Изучаем английский алфавит — DOM UMA
Pingback: 50 Alphabet Activities with a Book List - Joy in the Home
Pingback: Class Three : Wrapping Up Pre-Reading Skills - Playdough To Plato
awesome idea! Please email me the game. Thanks Jacki
Your game looks great! Could you please email me a copy?
So glad you like the game! The game can be purchase at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Alphabet-Hop-Game
Could you email me the posters for this game so I may print them? Thank you
What a great idea! Could you please e mail me the game board? [email protected]. Thank you and thanks for sharing!
Could you email me this game board? I think I’ll use it with my preschoolers! [email protected]
Wonderful, could you email me the game board, Thanks!!!
I need an email address to do this. Can you send an email request to [email protected].
Hi there, great game. Love the colours! Can you please email me the game board?
Hello! Awesome ABC Board!! You’re sharing?!? If you are I would LOVE a copy:
I love this!!!! It is bright, colorful…..ADORABLE!!!! I would love a copy to share with my kindergarten team at school!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!
Can u please email me the board game?
I love this idea! Could you please email your game board to me? Thanks in advance! [email protected]
Please email alphabet hop game board. Thank you
Pingback: Teacher Mama: Teaching Your Child the Alphabet | Boy Mama Teacher Mama
This is SOOOO cool! I love your graphics.
Thank, Malia! It was so fun to make!