Alphabet Hop Game
I wanted to create a game that I could use with my son to practice letter recognition AND letter sounds. I made this simple game and it was a hit!
- game board pages
- color printer
- one brad
- one small paperclip
How to Make the Game:
- Print out the game. There will be 4 pages (see below).
- Glue the pages together vertically (as shown above).
How to Make the Spinner:
- Take a paperclip and punch a small hole in the center of the spinner.
- Open a small paperclip so it is shaped like an “s.” (see below)
- Place the open paperclip over the hole you made and place the brad over the clip.
- Insert the brad into the hole and open it in the back of the game board.
- Tape the brad on the back to keep it in place.
- You now have a spinner!
How to Play:
- Have each player choose a playing piece (Use something from around the house. We used small plastic animals.)
- Player one spins the spinner and advances that many spaces.
- When the player lands on a letter, he names the letter and/or the letter sound (depending on skill level).
- The rest of the players repeat the same steps.
- First one to “z” is the “winner” OR once a player reaches the end, continue playing from z to a!
© Boy Mama Teacher Mama 2012
All Rights Reserved