How to Make a Giant Die from a Paper Carton
We recently finished this carton of Goldfish Crackers and I just couldn’t bear the thought of throwing the empty container in the trash. It was just begging to be made into something. So I decided that I would show you how to make a giant cube for a die from a paper carton like this one. You can also use a milk or juice carton.
What you need:
- empty paper carton
- a ruler
- contact paper
- paper of your choosing to cover the carton
- Clean out your carton and make sure it is dry and smell free.
- Cut the top off the carton as shown below.
- Using your ruler, measure the width of your carton (mine measured 5.5 inches)
- Beginning at the bottom of the carton, measure up the same distance as the width (mine was 5.5 inches from the bottom of the carton).
- Draw a line at that point on all 4 sides of the carton.
- Cut each corner from the top of the container to the lines you drew.
- Fold along the lines so you now have 4 tabs.
- Fold and tape the tabs in place.
- You now have a completed cube.
- Measure 6 squares of your chosen paper big enough to cover each side of the cube. (I measured and cut 6 squares that measured 5.5 inches by 5.5 inches).
- Glue the squares on each side of the cube.
- Optional: I did not like the raw edges so I covered them as well with some extra paper.
- Cover the entire cube with contact paper or packing tape.
Now, read our post, 30 Things to do With a Giant Die, to see what you can do with it!
© Boy Mama Teacher Mama 2013
All Rights Reserved