Happy Mother’s Day to All Boy Mamas!
Just a little something for all you boy mamas out there who read our blog. Being the mama of a boy is a wonderful, unique and fantastic journey. I hope you are enjoying the ride as much as I am.
So here’s to you!
Here’s to you, boy mama for…
- knowing the difference between an excavator, a front loader and a cherry picker.
- knowing the difference between a monorail, a subway and a street car.
- knowing the difference between a passenger car, a boxcar, an engine and a caboose.
- being able to identify the subtle differences between the sirens of a fire truck, a police car and an ambulance.
- having a library full of books about all things that go.
- knowing the names of all the dinosaurs and which ones eat meat and which do not.
- stopping to watch yet another garbage truck collect garbage and another street sweeper sweep the street.
- parking near construction sites so he can watch.
- knowing how to build forts, train tracks, parking lots and airports.
- building towers, castles and bridges.
- creating tall buildings just so he can tear them down.
- not minding the miles and miles of wooden train tracks that weave their way through your home.
- sitting through home runs, goals and baskets as well as strikeouts, last places and missed points.
- digging in the dirt, playing in the sand, collecting sticks and throwing rocks.
- wrestling and for cuddling.
- taking your him outdoors when you would rather stay in.
- repairing holes in the knees of his pants time and time again.
- collecting insects, worms and other creepy crawlies.
- singing and dancing.
- creating treasure hunts, scavenger hunts and other backyard adventures.
- playing Hide and Seek even when you know just where he is hiding.
- teaching him how to buy flowers, how to open doors for others and how to give a compliment.
- teaching him to make his bed, to put away his clothes and to clear the dinner table.
- teaching him how to aim and to flush.
- reading to him about the ways things work.
- sharing your emotions and for feeling his.
- doing your best to see the world through his eyes.
- being the best boy mama you can be.
Here’s to you Boy Mama! Happy Mother’s Day!from Boy Mama Teacher Mama
If this is your first time visiting Boy Mama Teacher Mama, welcome! Did you know that you can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and G+? Stop by to see what is happening!
© Boy Mama Teacher Mama 2014
All Rights Reserved
Congratulations!!! to you for accomplishing so much. Love you, Patti