My boys and I love music! We are always singing a song or humming a tune. Their lastest favorite? Singing the Foo Fighter’s song, The Best of You (a fave of their dad…). My eldest makes ups songs all the time, loves to pretend he is a rock and roll star or a DJ. On occasion, he takes out his guitar, places a cardboard box at his feet and pretends to be a street musician. And, yes, we have to give him money to play…. My youngest son loves to sing as well. He will get hooked on one song and listen to it over and over and over and then will move onto a different song. His current favorite? The theme song to Little Einsteins which I play on repeat for him all night long. Needless to say, the rest of us are a little tired of that song, but he loves it so we manage.
We also like to dance and move to the music we listen to. We have several favorite kid songs that get us up and moving and thought we would share them with you.
Note: I tried to find a link for each song so you can either listen to the song or listen and watch a video. I always appreciate a sneak peak! 🙂
Our Top 12 Songs to Get You Moving
- I’m Gonna Catch You from Under a Shady Tree (Laurie Berkner) LISTEN
- Popcorn! From Snacktime (Barenaked Ladies) (LISTEN AND WATCH)
- All Aboard the Choo Choo Train from Playhouse Disney Music Play Date (Choo Choo Soul)
- Slip Sliding from Imagination Movers (The Imagination Movers)
- All Around the Kitchen from All Around the Kitchen (Dan Zanes) (LISTEN AND WATCH)
- Victor Vito from Victor Vito (Laurie Berkner) (LISTEN AND WATCH)
- Sunny Day Rainy Day Anytime Band from Ralph’s World: At the Bottom of the Sea (Ralph) (LISTEN)
- Pop Goes the Weasel from Children’s Songs: A Collection (Susie Tallman)
- Good Garbage from This Pretty Planet (Tom Chapin) (LISTEN)
- If All of the Raindrops from Songs for Wiggleworms (Laura Doherty)
- The Hoppity Song from For the Kids (John Ondrasik) (LISTEN AND WATCH)
- Pollywog in a Bog from Snacktime (Barenaked Ladies) (LISTEN AND WATCH)
What are your family’s favorites?
© Boy Mama Teacher Mama 2012
All Rights Reserved