Happy Mother’s Day to All Boy Mamas!
Just a little something for all you boy mamas out there who read our blog. Being the mama of a boy is a wonderful, unique and fantastic journey. I hope you are enjoying the ride as much as I am.
So here’s to you!
Here’s to you, boy mama for…
- knowing the difference between an excavator, a front loader and a cherry picker.
- knowing the difference between a monorail, a subway and a street car.
- knowing the difference between a passenger car, a boxcar, an engine and a caboose.
- being able to identify the subtle differences between the sirens of a fire truck, a police car and an ambulance.
- having a library full of books about all things that go.
- knowing the names of all the dinosaurs and which ones eat meat and which do not.
- stopping to watch yet another garbage truck collect garbage and another street sweeper sweep the street.
- parking near construction sites so he can watch.
- knowing how to build forts, train tracks, parking lots and airports.
- building towers, castles and bridges.
- creating tall buildings just so he can tear them down.
- not minding the miles and miles of wooden train tracks that weave their way through your home.
- sitting through home runs, goals and baskets as well as strikeouts, last places and missed points.
- digging in the dirt, playing in the sand, collecting sticks and throwing rocks.
- wrestling and for cuddling.
- taking your him outdoors when you would rather stay in.
- repairing holes in the knees of his pants time and time again.
- collecting insects, worms and other creepy crawlies.
- singing and dancing.
- creating treasure hunts, scavenger hunts and other backyard adventures.
- playing Hide and Seek even when you know just where he is hiding.
- teaching him how to buy flowers, how to open doors for others and how to give a compliment.
- teaching him to make his bed, to put away his clothes and to clear the dinner table.
- teaching him how to aim and to flush.
- reading to him about the ways things work.
- sharing your emotions and for feeling his.
- doing your best to see the world through his eyes.
- being the best boy mama you can be.
Here’s to you Boy Mama! Happy Mother’s Day!from Boy Mama Teacher Mama
© Boy Mama Teacher Mama 2014
All Rights Reserved