Making BIG Snowmen
We had quite a bit of cardboard laying around the house and needed something to do with it. The boys were waiting for snow to build a snowman so I thought we would build some BIG snowmen from cardboard!
- large pieces of cardboard
- good scissors!
- white paint
- hot glue gun
- random craft items you have around the house (buttons, ric-rac, ribbon, Mardi Gras beads cut into sections, string, pom-poms, cotton balls and googly eyes)
- For my younger son, I drew a snowman and cut it out. My elder son drew his own snowman shape and I cut it out for him. It was way to hard for him to do himself.
- Prepare a work space.
- Put the white paint in dishes with brushes.
- Heat up the hot glue gun.
How to Make the Snowmen:
- We first painted our snowmen white. I had planned to let the paint dry before proceeding, but both my boys were too excited to wait.
- Allow the kids to decorate their snow person how they like. You may need to use the hot glue gun for some items to make sure they stay attached.
© Boy Mama Teacher Mama 2013