A Die Within a Die
Tired of dice activities yet? This one will get you going again! As I mentioned a while back, one of the coolest types of dice out there is the die within a die. These are great for math games where you need two dice and are also great motivators in general because kids LOVE them. I bought my son a new piggy bank today and it came in a clear, plastic box and I was so excited because now I could make my very own die within a die. Here is how I did it…
Die Within a Die
- a clear, plastic, cube-shaped box
- a die that fits inside the box
- parchment paper
- clear tape
- Place the smaller die inside the plastic cube. Seal all open edges with clear tape.
- Glue the parchment paper dots onto the sides of the die
- Your die is complete!
A Couple Game Ideas:
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication Practice: Roll the die within a die (DWD) and add, subtract or multiply the two numbers on the faces of the dice.
- Board Games: Whenever a board game calls for using two dice, use your DWD instead.
© Boy Mama Teacher Mama 2012
All Rights Reserved